Trustee and Treasurer
Peter is a trustee and Semiliki Trust treasurer. Peter’s love of Africa dates back to a spell as a volunteer teacher in Kenya in 1981. He was Headteacher of a primary school for a while and now runs a company providing Leadership 360°s for teachers and others. Peter lives in Somerset and is married to Sue (who is a great Semliki supporter), has three children (including trustee Sam Pearson).
- Manages Semiliki UK finances.
- Manages gift aid.
- Prepares regular and annual financial reports (for Independent financial examiner and trustees).
- Transfers money.
- Informs project coordinators of financial transfers.
- Checks financial reporting from projects
- Responsible for maintaining the direction, the values, the integrity, the probity, the prudence and the reputation of the Trust. All significant decisions are taken by the trustees. Working as a team, the trustees are responsible for the management and administration, and the governance of the Trust.
- Ensures that the global objective, and the specific objectives are being met and that the Trust activities are consistent with the charitable objects in line with the “ways of carrying out the objects” and that the trust does not breach requirements set out in the governing document.
- Exercises oversight of the management of all assets of the trust, principally financial accountability, and ensure that all accounts are audited to required standards and that the Trust remains solvent.